Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

When it rains it pours....

Well gee, it has been a long time since a made a post. My excuse is SURGERY. I cannot even express to you how much I hate the word and the whole process. I had been having pains for couple of months around my belly button and things just slowly deteriorated until finally on the Sunday before I was to start my Methods Block semester I went to the E.R. Of course the E.R. being notoriously slow did not come back with an answer until hours later and after a C.T. scan which found a mass hanging off my bellybutton. Nice right? So surgery was scheduled for the 18th and they went in and found a bit more to the story. The cyst or mass was golf ball sized, I had a hernia and my stomach lining had fused with my intestine. Lovely. They also went and played field hockey with my ovaries and diagnosed endometriosis. Needless to say my recovery was awful. I have never felt that kind of pain not to mention they played pin cushion with my arms and hands trying to get an I.V. to stay put. They finally found a place in my shoulder....yes my shoulder. My recovery was slow and painful due mainly to G.I. issues and we will end the conversation at that. At the same time I missed Kait's first day of school not to mention my own. Thankfully my advisor is amazing and told me to take care of myself and that I would catch up. While in the hospital I found out my high school assignment was Blount H.S. I was really excited and anxious to get started but my recovery lasted 2 weeks.

I am feeling much better, still some G.I. stuff going on but the 4 cuts are healing nicely. I never want to have any kind of surgery ever again. This is 3 surgeries in 3 years and I am over it. The support we got was amazing though and I can't thank everyone enough. We are getting back to normal whatever normal is. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts....just pray that I can get caught up in all of my classes. Just a bit overwhelming.

3 comments:

Beth said...

My goodness what an ordeal!! I am glad you are on the mend!!! Hope school is going well for you both and that David is doing well with work!!!!

Kati said...

Bless your heart, I have been praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

It was a horrible time for you, but I hope we made it a little easier..as a mom, to see your child go through so much suffering was pretty tough...i pray to god, that your run of bad health is over..you are too young, and I don't understand where it all came from..we are so happy though for your recovery (well,near recovery)..mom