Today we took Kaitlyn to Ms. Becky's (Uncle Terry's girlfriend) to celebrate Fat Tuesday as we cannot take Kaitlyn downtown this year. We barbecued and talked and laughed. I really want Kaitlyn to enjoy the Mardi Gras season as it is such a wonderful tradition in our family. Being around family and friends..eating great food and catching lots of goodies. I am glad we live in Mobile as our carnival is much more tame than in New Orleans. Anyhoo, Kaitlyn had a major blowout but we handled it as best we could. I came very unprepared for the debacle..I must make myself a list of things to put in Kaitlyn's diaper bag. As Kaitlyn does not go out much I am still pretty amateur at this.
1. Wipes (this was just a total oversight..I know I needed wipes but I thought we were going over to Moms but we ended up going over to Ms. Becky's..Mom has wipes..is that enough of an explanation?
2. An extra outfit (I did have an extra outfit but when Kaitlyn went to Moms on Saturday she took it out and put it in another bag..that is good right..blaming my Mom?)
3. A blanket (I took the blanket out this morning)
I promise I will do much better next time!

1 comment:
I'm glad you had an outing yesterday! Miss Becky seems very well liked by everyone. Lesson learned about being prepared I guess. You will know now, you can't take enough with you when there is a baby accompanying you. Love, Gran
Post a Comment