
Last Sunday an amazing mini series premiered on HBO called John Adams, based on an equally amazing book by David McCullough. It stars Paul Giamatti as John Adams, Laura Linney as Abigail Adams and Stephen Dillane as an eccentric Thomas Jefferson (TJ as I like to call him). As a history major who has not had much interest in my own American history, I thought I would check this out to broaden my horizons a bit. I was pleasantly suprised to find an intrigueing and rivoting account of the dangerous days of the time leading up to American independence and revolution. The story lends a very human side to men that we as Americans deem legendary. If in the end it makes people what to learn more about their own histories, I say the show has done its job! If anyone has HBO the show comes on again on Sundays with new episodes and is airing reruns through the week. Don't miss it!

3 comments:
I seem to be missing alot of good shows. Your review was interesting and so was your commentary! Not to change the subject,but the background music on this Blog makes me almost tear up everytime. How about something deep like "LOVE SHACK." Gigi P.S. Can't find my keys, look in your car and call me in the morning.
We are DVR'ing these, well my husband is - but I started watching one and was quite intrigued!!!
Post a Comment