Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fall Semester, Potty Training and Traveling Husbands

Just a little update on the home front. I start school again on Monday...I guess I am ready since the sooner I get started the closer I am to graduation. I have 5 semesters left, this semester should be no where near as stressful as the last. I am taking a Sociology and Art History so it should not be too bad. The next 2 semesters after the Fall I will only be taking 1 class each time so from here until my Methods semester should be cake!

On the potty training front. We are working on it. We have introduced the concept. I just don't think she is ready, I think she may be a little hard headed (who knew?) Also my bathroom has so many goodies that are distracting to her so I need to get everything on my bathroom counters and put them in the cabinet so she can pay full attention to the task at hand. We talk about going in the "big girl potty" and that "Kait is a big girl"---so we shall see. Enough about pee pee.

David has started packing for his big Wales trip. I have to say it really has not hit me yet that he will be gone for a full two months. It is not going to be easy! I mean I know I have family support but David is my right hand man and my best friend so being so far apart is going to stink. I know, though, that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! I just worry that he will not be able to make it without seeing Kait for so long (lets face it, I am on the back burner compared to our daughter, but that is ok) So I guess the most important thing is to keep busy, which I will be. A bright spot in the whole thing is that Alex will be coming home Sept. 12 and we also have a class together so at least I know I will see him every Tues. and Thurs. So that is a little update in our lives...I will keep you updated on the potty training. I know everyone is on pins and needles!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Good luck with school and safe travels to David - 2 months, wow!!

As far as potty training - we just let Bella do it in her own time and I really believe it has been easier - granted she was about 3 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday when she finally decided that she didn't want diapers anymore because they were for babies!! But we've had very few accidents and she is really pretty good about going - considering it's only been about 4-5 weeks since she's started! And at her 3 year well visit - the pediatrician did not even ask if she was potty trained or training - and when I mentioned it - she said "well, she's only 3"!!!! And here I thought we were a bit behind!!!

Good luck with everything!

Somer said...

Let me know how the potty training goes. Savannah will be 2 in October so I thought I would start trying then but I know I don't want to push her. She really doesn't seem ready yet. Any helpful tips will be appreciated. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

SAYING GOODBYE IS SO HARD, PROBABLY THE WORST PART, BUT I PROMISE YA'LL THE TIME WILL FLY...YOUR BROTHER WILL HAVE TO BE THE MAN IN YOUR LIFE WHILE DAVE IS AWAY..WE ARE LUCKY HE WILL BE HOME TO HELP..TATTER WILL SURPRISE YOU OND DAY AND COME GRAB YOUR HAND TO COME SEE HER SURPRISE....TEETEE ...GIGI

Anonymous said...

It will be tough, both the potty training and daddy being away;the daddy part more so I think. We will help in any way we can. Just give us a call. Gran

Anonymous said...

Golly, Kait looks 5 years old in the picture on your blog. Gran