Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I know, I know...

Mom, Kait and I just returned from a mini visit to the beach. We stayed at our families' river house on Bon Secour. We swam at Gulf State Park and we also went kind of close to the Gulf at a little area between the lagoon and the gulf that we used to call the Jettee, I am not sure what people call it now but it is very shallow and there were lots of things for Kait to discover. We know she loves the water! But, alas I forgot my camera and there is no documentation of the mini-vacay because I am a bad mommy. Rest assured Kait and I have nice tans (yes we put sunscreen on her but she ended up with a nice sunny "glow") and I totally enjoyed watching her in a new environment. The only thing is that we need to work on Kaitlyn's sleeping habits away from home, she does NOT DO GOOD AT ALL! She just loves her bed and her room and all of the usual surroundings and when this is different she is a little crazy! Not good for Mommy or Kait. So we ate good food and had a great time! I promise to post some recent pics soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you could get away! Gran

Anonymous said...

tHANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMES...WE WILL DO IT AGAIN WHEN THE ARMY GUY GETS HOME IF NOT SOONER...LOVE YOU....GIGI

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay for your vacay! I've been wondering where you've been. I'm glad y'all got to get away.

Beth said...

Thanks for the verbal documentation and glad you got a vacay - you deserve it after the semester!!

I have to ask, who is Leila? I'm just being nosey!

Brodie and Jennifer said...

Tell me about the sleeping habits while traveling! We just returned from Reno/Tahoe and poor Annabel was all off of her schedule. Yes Mom was very tired and Annabel has been catching up on naps since we returned. Glad to hear you are doing well. You are so good at writing on your blog. I enjoy reading it. I wish I had better writing skills so that our blog would be more interesting.