Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A sick house


I haven't posted in a couple of days because Kait and I have been very under the weather. Mine has been going on for a couple of weeks and it is just now getting better. Kait started getting sick on Saturday (after Auburn's pathetic lose) and it just went down hill from there. She started running a fever Saturday night of 100.8 and just kept running that fever. Thank God we have such a great pediatric group because I called them on Sunday and they said just to keep her comfortable with lots of fluids and ibuprofen and if she runs a fever for 24 hours to bring her in on Monday. So we did that, we had to see a different doctor, Dr. Little, but he was great too. Although Kait did not think so...she freaked, more so than when she got any shots although I think that was due to lack of sleep and feeling bad. Dr. Little looked in her ears, her right was infected and her left was not too much better, she also had swollen tonsils. He did a step test and it was negative. SO we are at home with STRONG antibiotics and Kait is on the mend. We are now fighting her being used to getting in our bed, we have a staunch rule...NO KAIT IN OUR BED but she is starting to understand that Kait sleeps in her bed and Momma and Daddy sleep in their bed. David of course has averted any illness...STINKER!




On another note, my last day of the semester was yesterday...one final to go...very happy about that. It has been one heck of a semester with David being gone for most of it but we made through. 4 more to go! Oh by the way Kaits stats at 29 months:




Weight--30 lbs


Height--35 inches




We love our big girl...next post I will post some pics from Davids adventure in Wales.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT IS SO ODD FOR TATER TO BE SICK, BECAUSE FOR SO LONG SHE ESCAPED ANY ILLNESS TO SPEAK OF..ON THE OTHER HAND, SHE IS BUILDING UP HER IMMUNE SYSTEM WHICH APPEARS TO BE STRONG WITH THE HELP OF A LITTLE MED. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO BABY SITTING TODAY. ALSO, CAN YOU PUT THE TOP PIC. OF TATER ON THE PAGE..THAT IS MY FAVORITE...THANKS...GIGI

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Booooo, so sorry that y'all are sick :( But yay for one more final!!!

Beth said...

Hope you all get to feeling better!! I'm battling a head cold - but I'm hoping it goes away soon or at least by the time the baby arrives! Maybe it's a pregnancy cold - are there such things?

YAY for another semester done!!! Congrats!

Roll Tide (sorry couldn't resist)!

Somer said...

I feel your pain. The three of us just got finished passing around a stomach virus, yuk! Hope you both feel better soon.