Our 2008 ended with the arrival of a new member to the Murdock-Cruthirds family..my cousin Leila and her husband Troy welcomed a new baby boy, Sean Morgan to the brood. He is so beautiful and big!! He was 9lbs 3oz and I honestly do not know how Leila carried a baby that big because she is so small. Momma, Daddy and baby are doing great. David and I are leaving for a mini-vacation on Sunday...without Kait. We are going to Disney...we vowed after we took her last December at 17 months old that we would not take her again until she was about 5. Well we are finding it VERY hard to leave her for 4 days...we know she will be in the very capable hands of Gigi and PaPaw but we have never left her for this long...we are barely used to her staying with grandparents over night. I guess we will be ok we will just be talking about her the whole time, it effects us much more that it will effect her!
Other new news...we are transitioning Kait into her big girl bed when we get home so that will be a big step. We are excited though as she is growing out of the baby bed. We are also going to get super serious about potty training and we are going to try an insert in the big toilet to see if that entices her anymore.
I am starting my last full year of school, I will achieve my teacher candidacy this semester so that is a major hurdle. I will also be taking the PRAXIS II which is my second to last test to become a teacher, the last being my Exit Exam. So school is moving right along...in the Fall Kait will be going to Mothers Day Out 3 days a week...when David and I get home from Disney we will seriously begin looking for places and get her name on a list. I am dreading it but I am trying to stay positive because it will be so good for Kaitlyn..I am just holding on to her as long as possible. David will be continuing his day schedule through 2010 as he is shut down coordinator for a shutdown at that time..so it will be nice to have our Daddy home at night and be on a somewhat "normal" schedule. So 2008 was a good year, but I am looking forward to 2009 being even better! Disney pics to come!

1 comment:
Have SOO Much fun on y'all's trip!!! Enjoy your alone time, you will be so happy to Kait when you return, but so happy to have that special vacation just for the two of you. Be careful and call us when you get home!
Post a Comment