Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

The latest happenings...

I thought I would sit down and write this morning since it has been a while since I have given an update on what has been going on in our lives. Well, we got Kaitlyn's new baby bed, a backstory on that is that our original bed, the one we have had since her birth was recalled so we got a voucher to get a brand new one. The plan was to get a new baby bed, one that would follow her as she grows and set it up in the toddler mode. So we did that, the bed was really cute and Kaitlyn seemed to really like it. The writing was on the wall at nap time that day....she was not happy but eventually fell asleep. Of course someone knocked on the door to the house, Porkchop starts flipping out and as I am walking down the hall I turn around and there is Kaitlyn! Oh Lord...so that evening I put her down and she is crying big tears, she won't get out of her bed unless one of us in there....so by 10:30 that night we had decided to make it back into a crib and put the front back on it and make it just like it was. What can I say...our child is a creature of habit...she was just broken hearted that her bed had changed. After the front was up she went right to sleep. So we will try again in about a month on the toddler bed.

On the college front, I started my classes January 13, they are very good I am taking a World War I class and Art History II...this is my last history as I am getting teacher candidacy this semester so it is Education for here on out. I apply for graduation this summer! It is all very exciting.

David just finished up another shutdown, YUCK! These events make him very stressed and tired so I am super glad when they are over.

We are gearing up for Mardi Gras around here...the first parade in Mobile is next Friday and happens to be the one David's Dad is in...so we are planning on going. We love the Mardi Gras season so we are pretty excited.

On a more serious note, everyone that reads this, please pray for my brother-in-law Jerry, he has throat cancer and is having a rough time with chemo. I cannot even imagine what it is like, but he is a very upbeat guy and I truly believe he will get through it and be well by the time the year is out. So we just have to keep faith that he will get better!

So that is our life up until now..I will post some pics of Kaits bed in a later post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers are being sent up daily for Jerry. Keep us posted. Gran