Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Kaitlyn's big girl bed for a day

Well we finally got Kaitlyn's "big girl" bed about a month or two ago and this is the finished project. It does not look like this now. The day we put it up we tried to get her really excited about it and when I put her down for a nap she was NOT happy. She finally got to sleep and there was a knock on the door..the next thing I know I am walking down the hall and there is Kait. Freakin' Girl Scouts selling their cookies! So we thought maybe she was just not happy because she had to take a nap. So we tried again that night and she was screaming like a crazy woman. I don't know if her baby bed represents security or what? So since we bought a 3 in 1 bed, Daddy at 10:00 at night, was putting the front back on the bed. She went right down to sleep. Our daughter is the funniest little creature of habit...so we will try again in a couple of months, same with the potty training which is another subject all together!

2 comments:

Beth said...

She'll get it! Brooklyn had a hard time going from crib to big bed (and we went straight to a twin bed with her) but now she is doing great and sleeps there all night (getting them to stay in there to go to sleep takes time - but they do eventually fall asleep adn she at least sleeps there all night - Bella is a different story, I often roll over in my bed to find her in between the two of us)!!

Good luck with the transition and the potty training! Hope Kait is feeling better!

Kati said...

I agree that she will get it! Kennedy Jane did great but she is laid back about stuff like that. Potty training is not going as well so we are just taking it easy! And who cares if she is still in her crib, as long as she is not climbing out she can sleep in it til she goes to college! :)