Yes, I have been neglecting my blog. The end of this last semester was brutal and for a class assignment I had to do two other blogs so I was pretty blogged out. But I did get a 4.0 this semester and I am moving on to my Methods Block in the Fall. Basically that is the semester before my student teaching....my observation semester. I apply for graduation in a couple of weeks so I see a pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel.
Kaitlyn is doing great. We took her for her well appointment in mid-July and she weighed 36.6 lbs (60th %) and was 38.5 inches (80th %). Dr. Elizabeth is SO pleased with her progress. She said developmentally that she is right on target if not ahead. She is not concerned about the potty training and says (like us) that it will come once she starts Mothers Day Out. That is another step in her little life, Aug. 17 she starts MDO at Christ United Methodist. She will be going MWF from 9 to 1. I am confident that she is going to love it. It will be hard for both of us because we have been together for 3 years but now things are changing. I am beginning a career and she is starting school. But it is good.
David is doing great just plugging along at work. We just traveled to Atlanta for the American Idols tour that we enjoyed a lot. Very entertaining and nice little trip for the both of us to reconnect a bit. We are also taking Kaitlyn to see another Elmo show in Sept. in P-cola so our Fall is already shaping up to be VERY busy.
Say a prayer for us as we make this transition into a new type of life. Pray Kaitlyn stays well, I think I still have a bit of "NICUitis" and I am so scared about what she is going to catch. Pray for me in my classrooms and this semester. Pray for David that he can put up with us. As for now we are going to enjoy the rest of the summer and get ready for what lies ahead.

3 comments:
Yay! Lots to do and lots to pray about. Will do! Congrats on the 4.0! That is awesome, but so expected from you! Missed your blog. Love to all, Gran
You will be fine..you will experience Tater withdrawal but that too will get better..especially since she does not have to go to daycare or be with a stranger..she will be with family..i know that feeling first hand..
So glad you are guys are doing great!!!! Kait will do GREAT in school - you'll be amazed. How special that you guys have had 3 years together - awesome!!!! Hope everything continues to go well!!!
Post a Comment