Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 8, 2007

A family day





Today we went down to Fort Morgan to a house that Kristin and Jonathan and Terrell and his wife Ann had rented for the week. I was thrilled that Kaitlyn and I got to spend some quality time with our cousins. It was on the bay side of Ft Morgan and eerily reminiscent of the old Perdido Bay days so I thought I would jot down some memories I had of Perdido Bay vacations.
-Aunt Sarah and Mom getting together to plan the menu for the week and then going grocery shopping and taking hours and many grocery carts.
-Gumbo (enough said)
-Everything tasting ten times better that week because of all the love that was poured into each meal.
-The hydra slide and begging some adult to "hold us up" because we never could pull up on our own.
-The bass rig-shrimping rig-deep sea fishing rig-ski boat (in other words Uncle Terry's Blazer)
-Uncle Terry trying to save the Blazer in one of the worst squalls we ever had and we thought he was a gonner.
-Paul Muelers and Pirates Cove.
-Spending dawn until dusk in my bathing suit.
-Alex's red swim vest with the rubber tube that wrapped around the bottom...he wore that thing the whole time we were there.
-"Stanky Butt the Pirate"--this really can't be explained only experienced.
-The weiny roast day--we would take the boat to this beach right around the corner from the house and roast hot dogs...it was great.
-Star gazing.
-Playing in the boat when it was tied up just hoping someone would take us for a ride.
-Very early fishing trips.
-Kristin- "Uncle Neil, you lost my fish"
-A rope that used to be strung from pole to pole in the water next to the wharf...we would play on that thing for hours.
-Zepcos
-Crying when we had to go home
-Getting together to watch the video of that vacation and laughing until our sides hurt.
-Creating lifelong memories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were at Gulf Shores too. We should have gotten together one day. Memories like this are so precious. I hope my kids remember these times and not the times I lose my temper!

Anonymous said...

We succeeded in making sure that you kids have such fun memories. Now it will be your turn with Kaitlyn. What a wonderful feeling as a parent. I just wish all parents felt the way we do. gigi