Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 13, 2007

Kaitlyn's First Birthday

Yesterday was Kaitlyn's first birthday. We had grandparents and other family come over through the day to wish the little girl happy birthday. The sentiments were all the same...we cannot believe she is already a year old! David and I feel the same way maybe even more so...it has been an extraordinary journey and she is the best thing that has ever happened to David and I. Its funny when you have a child...you have a new found respect and love for your spouse. You view them in a different light. David is such a wonderful Daddy but he really showed me how wonderful he could be while we were in the hospital with myself and Kaitlyn, through lumbar sticks and meningitis scares, cranial scans and I.V.'s, RSV shots and poopee diapers. We are very lucky girls to have such a great Daddy! Sorry to be so mushy but I have been pretty reflective these last couple of days and Kaitlyn...well what can I say...there are no words to express the love I feel for her...she has enriched my life and I can't wait to wake up everyday to a new adventure with her....she is the light of my life..along with her Daddy. Ok now that I have been very cheesy...pics will be on the way of her birthday party tomorrow. Wish us luck on her year shots today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY KAIT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't ever apologize for being mushy. Terrific daddies and babies do that to you. Gran

Anonymous said...

Okay, read it again just now and need a hankie. Gran

Anonymous said...

You so eloquently speak of your first year with our beautiful gift. Your words are perfect and we feel that Kaitlyn is the luckiest little girl in the worldand we are the luckiest grandparents in the world. gigi and papaw