Ahh the joys of having a very mobile 16 month old! Kaitlyn is into EVERYTHING and David and I knew that we had to find some way to put the Christmas tree up but have it safe for her as well so we copied what we saw on an episode of the show John & Kate Plus 8. They had corralled the tree and all of the presents in a wrap around gate. Now Kaitlyn can see the pretty tree but cannot get to the electrical wiring or lights or any of the presents that will soon be under the tree. She loves the tree she just stands there and stares at it and points. It all worked out well.Sunday, November 25, 2007
Oh "gated" Christmas tree, of all the trees most lovely....
Ahh the joys of having a very mobile 16 month old! Kaitlyn is into EVERYTHING and David and I knew that we had to find some way to put the Christmas tree up but have it safe for her as well so we copied what we saw on an episode of the show John & Kate Plus 8. They had corralled the tree and all of the presents in a wrap around gate. Now Kaitlyn can see the pretty tree but cannot get to the electrical wiring or lights or any of the presents that will soon be under the tree. She loves the tree she just stands there and stares at it and points. It all worked out well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I can't remember how we kept ya'll from climbing our trees. I do know that we didn't have a gate like that. She was so cute tonight pointing out the tree to her Gigi and Papaw. Oh Gated Xmas tree is soooo true. Sleep tight!!!
That is so funny! I love it. This will truly make things easier and safer. Gran
Hmmm...I am thinking she has at least 28 or so days to figure out how to get in there. I am fulling expecting another post with Kaitlyn and the tree within the confines of the gate. We had Taylor gated in a few weeks ago too and Ella quickly figured out how to get in.
I just read Shelley's post and I was thinking along those lines as well. I can just see Kaitlyn inside the gate grinning from ear to ear. Gran
What a great idea! I'm sure sweet Kaitlyn will be very obedient and stay out of the gate. Don't listen to Mama and Sissy :)
Post a Comment