Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Porkchop our protector

Porkchop is officially the man of the house. He might have potentially saved our lives last night when he alerted me to snake in the laundry room. I mean he was going nuts, so I called Mom and Ken and Ken came and got the snake and disposed of it, he was not sure what kind of snake it was but it could have been a baby rattler or a moccasin we just don't know. Porkchop is a Rikki Tikki Tavi if you will. If it had not been for him it could have bitten me or Kaitlyn (God forbid) so needless to say he is getting a lot of TLC today. He is our little watch dog!

3 comments:

--Shelley said...

wow. animals are great. i think my dad's late cat saved him from a potential house fire one time. amazing. so glad porkchop saw it. how scary.

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord for our canines! Even though Bitsy is blind as a bat, she is very alert and aware and I feel so much better having her here when David is gone! I am so glad Porkchop was so alert to the snake. I probably would have fainted, snakes are my achilles' heel.

Anonymous said...

Yes, our animals do protect us and they love us unconditionaly. I highly recommend them if you promise to love them and if you can afford the upkeep $$$. Chopper is definitely a HERO. You don't have to wonder if there is another snake, because Chop will let you know. Yay, Porkchop!!! So thankful no one was hurt. Gran