Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Some advice to think about.
I went to see my OBGYN, Dr. Susan Vance on Tues. and we talked over a number of issues, one being whether or not other children are an option. Of course she said that the decision was up to David and I and that she cannot accurately predict what would happen but she did say that chances are that since I delivered early with Kaitlyn that I would most likely deliver early with subsequent children and that it would be because of my blood pressure. I am still on meds to keep it down since Kaitlyn and I would be on them if I got pregnant again. She said that only David and I could weigh that risk of my health and the health of another baby. I must admit it is very scary. If I had had a healthy pregnancy I would be all for having another child...but I am so scared to put myself and another baby through what we went through in July. Granted we came through it very well and are very blessed.. but would it be the same a second time around? I am terrified to go through it again and not only put our little family through trauma but grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. To be honest with you I am not sure my body or my psyche could go through that again. I was not a very happy or healthy pregnant lady. Dr. Vance still tells me how amazed she was at how QUICK the blood pressure came on and mine was the highest she has ever seen in her office.....anyway we still have to continue to do a lot of praying about it and it would not be for another couple of years. Kaitlyn is so precious to us and just having her would be wonderful. Just sharing for those who are interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Definitely prayer worthy!!!!! Just ask Dana to carry one for you. Just kidding. :) Gran
Post a Comment