Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 7, 2007

There are angels everywhere...even WalMart

Tonight I went to WalMart to tie up some lose ends for Easter (yes, I know I am insane to go to WalMart on the eve of any holiday but there ya go!) I went all over the store, it was crawling with humanity, I went to check out and realized that my cell phone was not in its trusty cell phone pouch on the outside of my purse. So I reacted calmly (a side effect of becoming a Mommy) looked through my purse, looked all over the grocery cart and no phone. So I got out of line and looked one more time to no avail. I decided to retrace my steps through the store so I did that and no phone. So I resigned myself to the fact that I had lost my phone. This is a hard pill to swallow because I have NEVER lost a cell phone..I have had one stolen but never lost. In line I asked the cashier where I would go to report something lost and she said customer service. The gentleman behind me was listening and said, "I work for Cingular and most likely someone got the phone, will take out the card or chip and sell it on the market for cash." My reply was, "Well tomorrow is Easter and maybe someone will turn it in." I buggied over to customer service and got in the back of line and as I looked up the Customer Service Rep was holding my phone in her hand as she was on the phone with someone else. It was like one of those scenes in a movie when an ethereal light shines down from heaven....AHHHHHlleluia MY CELL PHONE. The most amazing thing is that someone found it and turned it in! My day, week and month has been made. Our fellow human beings are pretty amazing. Thought I would share.

No comments: