Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 5, 2007

A new ride!


Yes, I got my new car on Thursday afternoon. It is a 2006 Izuzu Ascender. It is so much bigger than my little Tracker. I loved my Tracker but with Kaitlyn and all of her gear it was just too small and David and I had decided to get both me and the baby in something bigger. We haggled and held out and finally we settled with Grady Automotive because they completely paid my Tracker off. My notes are just a little bit more a month and my insurance actually went down because my new car has a better safety rating. Buying a car makes you want to go take drugs or something because it is so stressful. Anyway it is SO NICE and Kaitlyn and I are not right on top of each other and the whole family can go in this car and not have to take the truck. I think David felt emasculated when we took my old car anywhere and now he doesn't have to feel that way. It is our new FAMILY vehicle...even though it is really mine..ALL MINE!

3 comments:

--Shelley said...

I love it! Sure beats the mini!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, it is sooooo nice! I'm happy for you. Babies do require a lot of gear don't they? Look forward to seeing the car and y'all very soon. Gran

nick, robyn and taylor said...

ooh, very nice! how fun to get a new car!