Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reflections on 30

Yes, this Sunday is my 30th birthday and I am just as excited about it as I have been for all my birthdays. So many good things happened to me in my 20's--David, Kaitlyn, Porkchop, deciding to go back to school and many other things. I feel this way...my life has only gotten better as I have gotten older. One gains a sense of maturity that is empowering in a way but scary as well! You think wow, I have husband and a child I am responsible for...it is an awesome responsibility but one I relish. I like this quote, "At age 30, one receives strength." This is the strength of character needed to pursue life's goals. The 20s process of trial and error leads to a more secure decade of the 30s, when a person is focused on true talents, pursuable goals, and genuine accomplishments. " Pretty much my sentiments exactly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! I couldn't be a prouder mother. Great job at all that you do and accompolish. Stay true to yourself and happiness will follow. Proud MOM!!!! Gigi--- (Happy 30th) Very hard to believe!

Liesa said...

Happy, HAPPY Birthday!! I hope it is a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can stop by for a birthday visit when your dad gets off work Sunday. If y'all have special plans for Sunday, which I'm sure you do, then maybe we could stop by Saturday p.m.? Let us know. Gran

Beth said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I will be 30 in May...Hope 30 is all you hope it to be!! P.S. - I linked to your blog from a comment you made on Liesa's - hope you don't mind!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Melnee,
It is not possible that you are THIRTY because I am still 18.
No Father could be prouder of a Woman who is so wonderful.
Happy Birthday,
Love Always,
Dad