Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2007

My grown up Springbreak

Today I took my mid-term for my Speech class and it rung in my Sringbreak next week. It got me to thinking about how different my break is now as compared to highschool and my earlier college days. I was remembering highschool and going to the beach with my girlfriends....we were a pretty tame group compared to some but we did have fun! Laying out way too long, getting dressed up to go meet boys, snacking and listening to Dave Matthews...staying up way too late. What great memories! My Springbreaks during college were pretty much spent sleeping or working.
How this Springbreak is different:
1. First of all I am 29 (I am not sure if that is "grown up" or not?
2. I have a husband
3. I have a child
4. I have a mortgage
5. When I go out to get in my car I have sunscreen on (ok it may not be that bad but I am very aware of the dangers of UV exposure!)
6. It probably would not look to good if I went cruising for boys and I pretty sure my friends would agree
7. Ok yes I still listen to Dave, but what person who graduated from McT in 1996 doesn't?
8. SLEEP? What is that?

Things are quite different from the way they were just a couple of years ago but I still have that same feeling of..."Yes, I am free for the WHOLE week!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put your sunblock on and your shades, grab the baby monitor, some ice tea and Chopper and soak up some rays out by the pool! Gran