David captured some telling, rather unattractive pictures of me (Mommy--I look like ogre Mommy) on our Atlanta trip recently. At this point we were waiting to go into the aquarium, we had just walked what felt like 50 miles (David and I are walkers but this felt like forever in downtown Atlanta) and Kait decided she was going to go touch all of the fresh fruit for sale in this coffee shop outside of the building. At this point I had had it, she had this beautiful, huge green lawn to play on but all she wanted to do was molest the fruit. Irrationally I am thinking, who puts fruit and condiments out on a table when there are 2 year olds running around?? Why isn't everywhere we go Kaitlyn proofed?? I must admit I am a little ashamed, look at her precious face as I am dragging her out of the shop, then with my arms flung out I think I am blocking her, as well as a little exasperated and then well...she runs away from me! She is such a great little girl and sometimes we have a bump in the road, so I pray that God grants David and I the patience we need to walk blindly into the terrible twos!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Sometimes I just loose it!
David captured some telling, rather unattractive pictures of me (Mommy--I look like ogre Mommy) on our Atlanta trip recently. At this point we were waiting to go into the aquarium, we had just walked what felt like 50 miles (David and I are walkers but this felt like forever in downtown Atlanta) and Kait decided she was going to go touch all of the fresh fruit for sale in this coffee shop outside of the building. At this point I had had it, she had this beautiful, huge green lawn to play on but all she wanted to do was molest the fruit. Irrationally I am thinking, who puts fruit and condiments out on a table when there are 2 year olds running around?? Why isn't everywhere we go Kaitlyn proofed?? I must admit I am a little ashamed, look at her precious face as I am dragging her out of the shop, then with my arms flung out I think I am blocking her, as well as a little exasperated and then well...she runs away from me! She is such a great little girl and sometimes we have a bump in the road, so I pray that God grants David and I the patience we need to walk blindly into the terrible twos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Like I have said many times, think about poor Kate and John and their brood and Tater is a breeze. Remember Tater is having fun while Mom and Dad are the ones that are really going through the terrible twos. gigi
You are too funny! Thanks for a good laugh on my first day back to work. Below is my reply to your post on my blog. Trying to figure out the whole blog thing still. Your little girl is precious and I will be with you soon enough running after Miss Annabel. My problem will be watching my potty mouth on those days :)
Yes we took full advantage of my maternity leave to try and see family. She really did well with all the flights. I know that soon it will be crazy trying to fly with her. Can't imagine trying to do it when she is 2 years old. Today was my first day back to work. Brodie and I both were pretty sad about it but things went really well with the Nanny so I feel much better. So nice to hear from you. Please continue to stay in touch! Love, Jennifer
As you know when babies are in heaven, they are programed to PUSH MOM & DAD'S buttons. And I think you and David are doing a SUPER job reprogramming Kait. Keep up the good work. Thank you soooo much for the yummie pork chops. Very much appreciated! Gran
Post a Comment