Well no because you don't really need the one you already have! So my adventure started Friday afternoon with nausea, then vomiting, then severe shooting pains in my lower right abdomen. I panicked because I was alone with Kait and I knew her birthday party was the next day and I did not want to miss it. It finally got to be too much so I called David who was out running errands and my Mom and Ken. Luckily I have a registered nurse who lives across the street and she came over, examined me and said her guess was appendicitis attack. I think we got to the emergency room a little after 5....it took until about 1:00 am for them to determine I needed surgery. After that it all went pretty quick, the only good thing I have to say about Providence is that the nurses were great. I am not sure when I got into a room but by about 10 am I was discharged, drugged and sore. I have to stress that IT IS VERY HARD TO BE DOWN WHEN YOU ARE WIFE, MOMMY AND STUDENT! But I have a lot of support and very understanding professors. So I am on the mend, still not able to eat much and still very sore...just pray that I can make it through the last week of school with a 2 year old after just having surgery.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Anybody need an appendix?
Well no because you don't really need the one you already have! So my adventure started Friday afternoon with nausea, then vomiting, then severe shooting pains in my lower right abdomen. I panicked because I was alone with Kait and I knew her birthday party was the next day and I did not want to miss it. It finally got to be too much so I called David who was out running errands and my Mom and Ken. Luckily I have a registered nurse who lives across the street and she came over, examined me and said her guess was appendicitis attack. I think we got to the emergency room a little after 5....it took until about 1:00 am for them to determine I needed surgery. After that it all went pretty quick, the only good thing I have to say about Providence is that the nurses were great. I am not sure when I got into a room but by about 10 am I was discharged, drugged and sore. I have to stress that IT IS VERY HARD TO BE DOWN WHEN YOU ARE WIFE, MOMMY AND STUDENT! But I have a lot of support and very understanding professors. So I am on the mend, still not able to eat much and still very sore...just pray that I can make it through the last week of school with a 2 year old after just having surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OH NO!! That is so ironic - our cousin had his appendix out last week!! I hope you are feeling better!!! And I'm sure you will make it through your final week of school - it's amazing how what one can get through!!!
Cute cartoon.. I am very proud of the way you have rallied. We are always on call and never feel overwhelmed because we will be there in a flash... Gigi and Papaw
Post a Comment